Below are a list of restaurants that I am dying to try. I'll be updating this section every month:
- Uovo: This Santa Monica spot was started by the co-founder of Sugarfish and has been getting great reviews since it opened last summer. I'm salivating just looking at the menu! I really want to try the Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe, Ravioli di Carne, Tonnarelli Carbonara, Tagliatelle al Ragu.
- majordomo: I love David Chang's momofuku restaurants in NYC so I cannot wait to try this one.
- Here's Looking At You: This restaurant has been showing up on every list of top restaurants in LA so I want to see what all the buzz is about!
- Punta Cabras: I don't go to Santa Monica to eat often because I'm based in West Hollywood, but I may need to make the trek out for a day of wining and dining. There's a dinner-only menu and an all-day taqueria. Yum!
- Electric Karma: One of the things I miss most about NYC is good Indian food. Well, it seems I may have just discovered LA's best so I am dying to try it out. Apparently there are Bollywood movies projected on the wall as you dine and the option to sit on pillows in the patio. OMGee.
- Journeymen: This is a spot from the chef and general manager of Gjusto and Gjelina, so you know the food is bound to be good. I was recommended to try everything with duck and the beets but to beware of the black kale salad. (Thanks for the reco, Chris!)
Let me know if you've been to any of them, and what you recommend ordering!